Our client, a designer and manufacturer of custom automated machines, is looking for a Procurement Specialist to work in their inventory and purchasing departments. Your duties will include planning and coordination of the company's inventory management system, procuring commodities and raw materials and helping with logistics and shipments.
The role will eventually evolve into the Materials Manager position to manage the Procurement and Materials Management departments.
- Work with management to identify supply needs (min/max evaluations);
- Place purchase orders and manage supplier performance;
- Recommend solutions to existing processes to reduce waste and decrease stock;
- Recommend solutions to reduce overall procurement costs and implement process improvements;
- Record and assess all materials quality, movement, and expenditures;
- Manage the distribution of supplies in the organization;
- Monitor inventory levels and make recommendations when needed;
- Manage cycle counting and ensure the accuracy and validity of the inventory on hand;
- Access obsolete reserve and manage obsolete materials;
- Collaborate with management to plan forecasting models;
- Research potential suppliers and best prices and negotiate prices;
- Ensure logistics requirements for the export of sold products are processed effectively;
- Design and maintain department budgets;
- Stay current on commodity price fluctuations.
- Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering or other relevant field;
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role, including experience in a machinery manufacturing environment (understand electromechanical components);
- Knowledge of supply chain and inventory management systems;
- Excellent knowledge of forecasting and budgeting processes;
- Experience with ERP systems;
- Knowledge of MS Excel to support data analysis;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills;
|Salary:||$70K to $80K depending on experience + fringe benefits|