Director of Engineering
Our client, a builder of production lines, pneumatic and PLC controlled machines is looking for a Director of Engineering (Pneumatic and Hydraulic), to lead a team of engineers and technicians.
- Overall responsibility for the engineering design of current and future products;
- Develop and improve engineering and equipment standards;
- Lead implementation of parametric design using SolidWorks;
- Refine and expand the company's drawing management system (PDM);
- Lead teams through concept development, estimating, quotes, design and execution;
- Ensure design, performance specifications and timelines are met by coordinating across Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Operations;
- Create, establish and ensure system test plans are met;
- Communicate with equipment suppliers on applicable new 3rd party products, equipment or processes;
- Assist in recommending capital investments and process improvement projects.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering;
- Member of l'OIQ;
- Currently holds leadership role in a relevant mechanical design/engineering environment;
- Proven aptitude in use of parametric solid-modeling with SolidWorks (2015 or newer)
- Knowledgeable in manufacturing process and fluid power design.
|Salary:||$70K to $90K depending on experience + fringe benefits|