Our client, well-known company in paving and civil engineering works, is looking for an Estimator/Project Manager for a TEMPORARY position. The Estimator will be responsible for the planning, estimating, organization and monitoring of projects in collaboration with the General Manager.
- Produce and analyze plans and specifications in order to do the required quantitiy take-offs;
- Actively participate in project and resource (labour, material, etc.) planning for the high season;
- Work with the Director in the preparation of final project prices until bids are closed;
- Estimate all projects (costs, risks, etc.);
- Forward the information to the various suppliers and subcontractors;
- Control costs of assigned projects;
- Visit sites and oversee projects in progress;
- Ensure proper management of computer files.
- Be aware of competition in the territory and establish strategies to keep existing customers and solicit ly new contracts;
- Ensure excellent customer service during and after construction.
- DEC or Bachelor's in Civil Engineering;
- 5 years of relevant experience;
- Good knowledge of paving industry;
- Experience preparing bids;
- Software knowledge: TPL (Projects), Civil 3D/Autodesk Design Review/AutoCad, MS Office (advanced level) and MS Project (manage project schedules);
- Bilingual, excellent spoken and written English.
Status: TEMPORARY position, 3 to 6 months.
|Salary:||$30 to $31/hour depending on experience|