Our client, a growing biopharmaceutical company, is looking for a Fermentation Technician.
- Preparation of solutions and parent cultures, pre-culture inoculation following the SOPs;
- Preparation of sterilization, operations, maintenance and calibration of production equipment and instruments such as fermenters, pumps, valves, centrifuges, micro and ultra filtration, spectrophotometer, etc.;
- Analysis of enzyme activity, cells weight determination, pH, OD600 metabolites and microbiological assays;
- Participate in purchasing of raw materials and consumables;
- Write and review SOPs, batch records, validation protocols, investigation and production reports;
- Troubleshout process issues and propose solutions;
- Ensure constant and consistent enzyme reagent production by following microbial fermentation and recovery processes procedures;
- Participate and support development and scale-up experiments done in the lab.
- DEC or Bachelor's in Microbiology, Biotechnology or Biochemistry;
- 3 to 6 years of experience (depending on the level of study) in fermentation techniques;
- Experience in technology transfer;
- Experience in microbiological analyzes including spectrophotometry, enzymatic activity, and protein content;
- Bilingual with strong written English.
Schedule: Flexible daytime hours 37.5 hours per week (sometimes including evenings, nights and weekends for sampling or critical stages of production).
|Salary:||$50K to $60K depending on experience + fringe benefits de|