Fiber Optic Network and FTTH Design
Our client is an engineering consulting firm for telecommunications projects. They are seeking candidates with experience in planning, design and detail engineering, particularly for FTTH/FTTC/FFTN network deployment and external telecommunications networks.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager or the Director of Engineering:
- Participate in planning, design and detail engineering;
- Prepare technical statements;
- Participate in the design of plans, specifications and technical documents according to the customer's standards;
- Issue detailed installation specifications, as well as the associated schemas and drawings;
- Evaluate and select suppliers for certain equipment;
- Coordinate various projects related to deployment;
- Review standards, products, engineering and installation methods;
- Participate in project monitoring meetings;
- Provide technical support to the client;
- Quality assurance of design documents;
- Manage any equipment related question as part of the deployment in preparation for operations.ÿTemporary with possibility of permanence.
- DEC or Bachelor's in Engineering (specialty required: Telecommunications, Electricity, Civil or Computer Science);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in one of the following disciplines: FTTH/FTTC/FTTN equipment (patch panels, MDU, PON, etc.); wiring, networking and IP solutions; optoelectronic equipment (transport and access networks); external networks and deployment of optical fibers;
- Knowledge of Quebec and Ontario practices for permit applications, calculation of support and effort with various operators and owners of overhead and underground infrastructures;
- Good ability in technical writing;
- Knowledge of telecommunications and cable industry standards is an asset;
- Available to travel throughout Quebec and Canada.
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access), MS-Project, Visio, AutoCAD;
Status: TEMPORARY postion, 8 to 9 months.
|Salary :||$50K to $70K depending on experience|